Saturday, September 8, 2007

Gal to Gal



I don’t know about anyone else but I rarely buy anything based on the advertisements for the product. I mean come on let’s look at perfume ads for both men and women, spray or pu a dab on and you either turn from the ‘ugly duckling’ to the swan or one you have it on you become this irresistible sexual object that everyone cant keep their hands off. Oh please! I much rather hear it from someone I know their thoughts and how the product worked or did not work, you know Gal to Gal.


So I’m sharing products that if you were to go into my bathroom you more than likely find, literally what is on my countertop or in my cupboard. I hope that everyone will participate and share their thoughts on the products if you know of them and have used them and share your favourite products.


I’m going to start with hair care products. I have long, thick, once very curly hair with highlights that has a mind of its own. I am always on the hunt for products that can tame my hair. I don’t like anything that weighs down my hair, and don’t like anything that has a fragrance that is very overpowering. So from my countertop to yours in no particular order:



TRESemme

I use a lot of TRESemme products, very affordable and I like that you they come in huge bottles, lasts me probably one month or less. Good quality, salon formula and the fragrance is not overpowering, which is important to me. I use everything they make, shampoos, conditioners, leave in conditioners, moose, anti frizz, hairspray etc etc. Their products I can recommend to anyone and there is a line for every hair type- coloured, dry, oily, etc etc


I absolutely LOVEEEEEE the new Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner by L'oreal. It is easily found at any drugstore and it is very inexpensive. It contains something they call cashmere....CASHMERE! I get to wash my hair in it !?!? That is just plain dreamy, and it does indeed work like a dream. I got this one for my long sometimes very dry hair and my hair is so loving me for it! My hair felt silky and soooo smooth. I’m really loving this product.



Breakthru by SoftSheen.Carson ( subsidiary of L’oreal)


This is a line for ‘ethnic’ hair but let me tell you if you have wild hair than needs taming try this line. Leaves hair manageable, detangled and not weighed down with any gunk as I put it.


I use the Megahertz line also by SoftSheen.Carson as my daily styling products. These products are amazing. They keep your hair in place without the gunky heavy build up that regular hair gels and pomades can leave. Barely realize that they are there but they really do what they say they do.




Revlon Crème of Nature Shampoo.

This is truly a miracle product, probably the best shampoo I have ever used. It alleviates the need for separate shampoo and conditioner - this shampoo really does it all as well as leaving a nice fragrance and tangle-free hair. Two thumbs up!!

I use Revlon Color Silk (light auburn) to highlight my hair. It’s the one that works best on my hair and does not dry it out.


And these are my must have hair accessories:

Ionic hair dryer

Soft bonnet dryer attachment, now this is a genius invention

Curling iron, flat iron (rarely use them cause my hair is so long and thick it would take me hours to do myself)

Hot rollers, regular rollers

Six long clips to pin up my hair

Revlon hair brush (only brush thus far that does not pull or tangle my hair) and one with the hundreds of fine bristles I use to brush my hair to make it shine

Fine teeth comb for smoothing down those miserable strays

Big teeth comb for detangling

Head bands and clips in every colour, shape and size

Silk scarf that I rarely remember to use, supposed to prevent your hair from drying over overnight or something like that??


So ladies what are your favourite hair products and tips and tricks?